Hi I’m Stephanie & I build products that people love.
I’m both a designer and a product manager with more than 14 years in the industry. I design and build websites for startups, and I have extensive domain knowledge in developer tooling.
I’m the author of Design for Developers, and I've spoken at 30 international conferences and written for publications like Smashing Magazine.
Welcome to my site!
Design for Developers is now in print! Learn design fundamentals in the context of the web.
The Web We Want
A cross-browser, open initiative focused on being the community backlog for the web platform. To date we’ve collected over 150 valid developer problems, and some have even been solved and shipped.
RapidAPI VS Code Extension
The RapidAPI VS Code extension is an HTTP Client for API Testing. It provided cloud syncing services and integrated with the RapidAPI platform, meaning developers could work in their browser or their extension. Launched in July 2022, the extension had 90,000 MAU by the end of April 2023.
It started as a linting website in 2017 to help developers improve their website’s performance, accessibility, security and overall code quality. The developer tool also exists as a VS Code extension and CLI tool. It was also previously a browser extension but was later integrated into the Chromium DevTools as the “Issues” panel.
- Exploring new full-time work opportunities with remote companies
- Preparing a new talk to give this summer, loosely influenced by my book
- Accepting clients for freelance work
- Still on my witchy and developer clothing brand (currently on Amazon)
- Working on a launching a new CSS project with Jhey
- Making sure my pup Vogue gets settled in the UK (photos on the left)
- Building out my YouTube Channel with Design bits for Developers
As of February 2024